I'm John. I am an engineer by day and a guitar nerd by night. This blog is mostly guitar and science stuff with a dash of anti-state politics and personal rambling.
You can find a more detailed bio here.
Separating the art from the artist is important, but if the artist has problematic views which are expressed in the music then they do not deserve support.
As a socially responsible scientist I hereby undertake:
1. Not to use my scientific knowledge or status to promote practices which I consider dangerous.
2. Not to conceal from the public any information about the general nature of my research and about the dangerous uses to which it might be put.
3. Not to conceal from the public any information about the real identity — and degree of public accountability — of those who finance or control my research.
4. To explain to the public the general nature and possible uses of research conducted by private or State bodies over which there is little or no public control.
5. To warn the public about such organisations that conceal information about the possible dangerous outcome or uses of their research.
I consider it my duty, as a socially responsible scientist, to honour this pledge, whatever the personal inconvenience or risk involved.